Pain is the single and most important symptom that indicates the presence of some pathology (disease). Orthopaedic
pain may arise from the bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, nerves. Sometimes the pain has no pathology at all and is simply mechanical in nature
(E.g. Mechanical backpain due to excessive two-wheeler driving or sitting posture).It is often quite a challenge to identify the correct source of
pain, since pain may radiate along the limbs/torso or get referred to another part of the body. This is the genesis of our pain clinic, which follows
the 5-STEP PATIENT APPROACH.
STEP 1-Our chief orthopaedic surgeon evaluates the patient in detail to identify the near-exact source of pain.
STEP 2- In concurrence with our physiotherapist, patients are started on exercise regimes, active thermal/cryo-pain ablation techniques along with suitable medications, braces etc..
STEP 3- The patient is revisited by the orthopaedic consultant in a span of 5-20 days depending on the need and he is again revaluated.
STEP 4a- If the patient responds to therapy, he is continued on the same lines of treatment
STEP 4b- If the patient is nonresponsive, he is given guided local nerve/joint blocks on a day-care basis to alleviate the pain
STEP 5- The patient is placed on regular followup and is ensured a pain-free life.
some common problems solved include back pain, knee and hip pain, neck pain, musculoskeletal pain, minor ligament sprains and injuries etc..
Some common pains alleviated include:
1. Neck – muscle catch, strain, spondylitis, arthritis, nerve compression, muscle pull, disc prolapse, occupation related (IT professionals, marketing personnal)
2. Shoulder/elbow – muscular pains, periarthritis, frozen shoulder, arthritis, sports injuries, occupational hazards related
3. Hand and fingers- rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, sports injuries, occupation (excessive typing, drilling, overuse activities)
4. Back - muscle catch, strain, spondylitis, arthritis, nerve compression, muscle pull, disc prolapse, occupation related (IT professionals, marketing personnal)
5. Knee- ligament sprains, muscle pulls (E.g. hamstrings), osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, deformities
6. Ankle and foot – sprains, ligament tears, swellings, arch deformities, arthritis, limb length discrepancy
Home Visit is also available.Contact Now